Mission/Vision: "The work of the Ministry is to trust the LORD to change unbelieving sinners into praying believing saints."
- E. M. Bounds

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Straight From My Heart

By: Rev. Arnel Tan


Let me express my sincere gratitude for all of you who have faithfully responded to God’s invitation to pray for me and my family. It is the united prayer of the brethren that makes ministry lighter and much more bearable. Your prayers and your generosity have truly refreshed us. Today my wife Sheryl and I are spending our 18th anniversary in the beautiful island of Bohol. Our trip to this place also opens the opportunity to bring the gospel to the First Southern Baptist Church here in Tagbilaran. It is also in the occasion of their church anniversary that I am given the privilege to preach.


While there is an opportunity to minister it is also a timely favor from the Lord that my wife and I enjoy some rest from our ministerial routine. Please remember us in prayer especially in the area of letting our minds be free from worry about the church, the kids and the radio ministry (DXFE). Pray too that God will use this time that we might nourish friendship in our marriage. I must admit that in many ways I have not given the attention that my wife deserves these past years. 18 years went by so fast! We were in our early 20’s when we made a vow to be together as husband and wife. Believe no marriage is spared from the harsh reality of adversities and unending adjustments. May the Lord continue to fill our marriage with His abundant supply of grace.


A pastor that is cared for is a pastor that is prayed for. Embarrassingly I admit though you heard me preach and emphasized the importance of prayer; it is also in this area of prayer that the Lord needs to remind me time and time again. I will be praying for you too as you worship the Lord today. That you may grow deep in Christ and in His grace as you hear God’s word today through Pastor Bobby and Pastor Cezil. Thanks to our deacons who led our prayer meetings. God is truly honored where we find ourselves empty before Him. Before I forget please pray that my boat ride will be smooth and uneventful. Hope to see you all next week in prayer meeting and worship service next Lord’s day.

No comments:

Post a Comment