Mission/Vision: "The work of the Ministry is to trust the LORD to change unbelieving sinners into praying believing saints."
- E. M. Bounds

Friday, November 19, 2010

STRAIGHT FROM MY HEART

I hope it does not sound like heresy to you when I say’ I’m so glad I am only preaching once today!’ I look forward to taking an unhurried breakfast after this 7am service. I can smell the fresh coffee at Mcdonalds’ and my breakfast favorite- sausage mc muffin (without egg) and hash brown ( I like gravy on it). After that I look forward to spending the whole day and have an overnight stay at Eden. I am thankful that my wife allowed me to be away for a night just to get some much needed solitude and sleep. I am also grateful to you folks for your grace . . . allowing me to stretch a little bit. It’s so rare that I feel this holy joy of only preaching once today.

Thanks to Pastor Cezil Perales who will take my place at 10am and to Pastor Dino Fajardo, a young prayeful man of God, pastor of Kinuskusan Baptist Church in Bansalan, who will be preaching for the rest of the 2 services in the afternoon and evening. Thanks to my co workers for filling-in the ministry this Sunday, so I can have this rest. Hmmm, let me see, last week we had baptism during our prayer meeting and I had a wedding yesterday…thank God, today I can rest. Next Sunday I will be in Iloilo with my family to preach in my former church, now called New Life Christian Fellowship. This trip is also rare since my whole family will be with me. Lord-willing, I will be back on Dec 1, 2010, ready for our prayer meeting.

Let us pray for our coming ‘Dawn Christmas prayer meeting’ which starts on December 21-25. It will begin at exactly 5am to 6am, after which we will all enjoy simple breakfast coffee and food. Consider this as a meaningful way of celebrating the season of Christmas… a time to be silent and a time to savor the presence of the Savior! Come with a heart ready to pray and commune with Jesus. Don’t let activity overwhelm our celebration of nativity. Wait for the next edition of “straight from my heart” for more prayer-filled activity this Christmas. Come and be blessed.

Again, thank you for your grace, allowing me space to enjoy hash brown today… without rush. I am sure God has something to say to all of us this day through prayer and the preaching of His words. I truly need your prayer for wisdom, humility and discernment as I pray and prepare for the coming season of Christmas. Thanks to all of you who are so gracious to me and my family. By the way, keep sending us your help so we can buy more “Our Daily Bread” devotionals for the 6,000-plus public school teachers in the city. Please don’t give if you have not prayed about this first. The generosity of many of you has blessed my heart seeing how God is honored in our sharing!

I can smell coffee brewing now!

Joyfully,

REV. ARNEL C. TAN

No comments:

Post a Comment